- Flood Western Province May 2010
- Public Domain (PD)
+ Works in the public domain may be used freely without the permission of the former copyright owner.
+ For more info see http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-definitions.html.
VæSSA or “VAE for Sri Lanka: a Satellite-based flood Analysis” supports the World Bank and Sri Lankan authorities through satellite based EO products as an input for the WB “Climate Resilient Program”. VæSSA is a project of nazka mapps and RSS, carried out in the frame of VAE programme and funded by the European Space Agency. The project has facilitated by GFDRR on request of Disaster Management Centre. 4 historical flood events (May 2010, Dec 2007, Nov/Dec 2008 & May 2003) are
- Publication Date
- Oct. 14, 2016, 6:28 a.m.
- Vector Data
- hazard , Flood
- Inland Waters
- inland water features, drainage systems and their characteristics. Examples: rivers and glaciers, salt lakes, water utilization plans, dams, currents, floods, water quality, hydrographic charts
- Sri Lanka
- Maintenance Frequency
- There Are No Plans To Update The Data
- When using this layer in a map, please credit "Disaster Management Centre, Sri Lanka"
- Version 01 (2016)
The purpose of publishing making this layer available is to understand the pattern of past flood event, which may be useful for model calibration, verific...
- Data Quality
- deally, the validation of the flood extent map is executed by checking the accuracy through the comparison with a VHR satellite/aerial image over the same area at the same date. Such VHR data are not available. In order to maximize the validation procedure, the accuracy of the mapped flood extents are validated through 2 alternative methods: 1) Accuracy assessment of an independent classification of the same imagery & 2) Comparison with local information
- Supplemental Information
No information provided
- Spatial Representation Type
- vector data is used to represent geographic data